Good News Message
- CONFIDENCE IN GOD’S NEVER ENDING, NEVER CHANGING, LOVE. Psalm 118
Hello Beautiful Children of our Most High God of Love,The Word tells us that God’s Love is unchanging regardless of what is going on, regardless of changing situations. When we put our Faith and Trust in Him, we are secure.Verse one of this Psalm says: “Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good; His Love endures forever.”With all that is going on in the world right now, it is very easy to focus on bad things rather than on the One who is above any and all situations. We often do not realize how much time we put into things that seem to be important, but in reality they are things we are just passing through. Those things need to be accepted as what they are at the moment but realize we can make a difference in all needed things, but not necessarily at the moment. We accept those things, they are what they are, but we do not accept them as something we can do nothing about. What we can and must do is to lift them up to our God of Love praying for the Good to be revealed through them by Him in His time, and in His Way. We then go about our day looking for the Good that He has put in place for the moment and for the next breath that we will take. Always remember, when we walk with our Lord, when we have asked Him into our Lives, every day has great purpose. We may not see it right away, but as we trust and believe that He makes ALL things work together for our Good, we will rejoice in HIm. We will trust HIm completely to make good things come.Verses 28 and 29 of this beautiful Psalm brings the Joy, and Peace of His Word. It puts our thoughts into the right places which is where they must be. We put them there as we think and talk about the right things. Things we can refocus on as we need to. Things that bring Love into the world through us.The Word says: “You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, and I will exalt You.” Let us “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is Good; His Love endures forever.”As we trust Him, and praise Him, and exalt Him, and give Thanks for all things (for they will be used), we realize how Good He is, and that His Love endures forever in all things, and in all ways. As we go through each day in good thoughts and beliefs, expecting wonderful things, wonderful things WILL COME.You are greatly Loved. Always know you are highly needed in this world that you have been called to walk through at this time.Poppa B.
- “The Faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.” Psalm 117
Hello, you Beloveds of our Lord of Love.God is Good! Let us thank Him for His Love, and Faithfulness to us in all things, and in all ways.It has been an interesting week. For those in Texas, you know we have been turned upside down with a Winter Snow and Ice Storm. Something like it has not been seen here in Austin for over 70 years. The Storm was in other places, but not like it has been in Texas. We just got our electrical power back after 5 days with no heat, in as low as 3 degree weather. Millions of people in Texas were impacted with either loss of power or water or gas or all. We had gas and water, but no heat, no power, no lights. So glad, and Thankful we have them all back tonight.As you know both my wife Joy, and I have been down because of falls, and failing health, so one of our wonderful kids have been staying with us (they take turns) as we mend and get back on the “health” road. We are so thankful, so grateful for this beautiful act of Love they are showing. They have put their personal lives on hold as far as plans are concerned to have one of them with us at all times.Needless to say the Storm was a Challenge. When the weather alerts began to come in, my daughter Tamara Salem began to make plans on how they would handle it. She came and spent several days with us to give our son Jason, time to get his works in place, and get some rest, and then when he came over on Saturday, he was prepared to stay the number of days the storm would close us in. That (closed in) has been since early Sunday morning until just a few short hours ago. This is now Thursday evening. Jason has kept both of us protected, and fed, and provided for. He has been in constant touch with Tam, and between the two they have met our every need. At this point, that is a lot. Joy is going through much, and I am still having to be very careful as I continue to get well.. We shall never be able to say THANK YOU, WE LOVE YOU, enough times to these Guys.Psalm 117, provided to us from the Wonderful Holy Spirit, says: “Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol Him all you peoples. For great is His love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.” Psalm 117: 1-2. Whatever our need is, when we trust our Lord of Love with all that we are, He is faithful to provide.” This is what He has done for us. He has shown us His magnificent Love through our children and in so many ways. This is what He will do for anyone who gives themselves totally to Him, and trusts Him to meet their every need. Most of the time many other people are a part of that; sometimes only a few. He has no problem with whatever it takes. A Promise is a Promise. He always keeps them. He is always Faithful. His Faithfulness endures Forever. EnjoyLove you dearly.Poppa B.Continue reading →
- “Those Who Know Your Name, Lord, Will Put Their Trust In You” Psalm 9
Hello Beloveds of our God of Love,
Getting to know someone intimately means getting to know them in all ways – in how they think about things and in what you can expect from them. Our Lord God of Love has names that are specific in meaning, and we have learned that we can expect those things from Him as we call HIs name.
As pointed out in Joseph Prince yesterday, “Each of the names of God has a divine attribute, and understanding and believing that He IS each attribute will cause that attribute to flow into our lives.”
For instance in Psalm 91, in the NIV, verse one, the Holy Spirit says, “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most HIgh will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” In verse 91:2, He says, “I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” In Hebrew, “Most High” is ELYON which means He is the Most High God and there is No one higher than Him. He is the possessor of heaven and earth. He is called the “Almighty” – EL SHADDAI – in this verse which means the God who blesses you with more than enough, more than you can contain because He has no limitations. Psalm 91 (which to me means the Holy Spirit spoke it to one who could write it down for us) goes on in verse 2, saying, “I will say of the Lord.” I believe Here He is referring to YEHOVAH, or YAHWEH, the Covenant keeping God. Jesus is our Covenant Keeping God. His name in Hebrew is YESHUA which means Yahweh SAVES. He saves us into heaven through the cross which is our ultimate destination, but as His Name points out He saves us to a level above the natural human level while we are passing through in the journey on earth. He came to this earth and showed Himself clearly, so that we can call on Him to Save. He saves us if we are ill, He saves us if we are in need, He saves us from enemies, and the list goes on. Yahweh Saves. Jesus SAVES!!!
Let us awake each day with this truth in our heart, and in our thoughts. Jesus is our Covenant keeping God of Love that came to this world to Save us. When we Asked Him into our heart He made a Covenant with us. That is why we greet Him, and Ask Him to walk with us first thing every morning. This is not to Ask Him to Save us to Heaven; we have that Covenant with Him which came into place when we asked Him into our life, and gave Him our heart. The morning Ask is to Save us in every other way we may need. It is to bring us to a level that only He can bring us to. We walk on this earth, but in Christ we are always walking above this earth as we journey on. He saved us at the Cross as He died for us to be able to do that. He proved His LOVE as He gave His life. He proved His ability to overcome death, or anything else that might come against us at His Resurrection. As we Believe in Him with all that we are, and never doubt that He is ‘Elyon’, Most High, that No one is, or can be higher than Him – that He is ‘El Shaddai’, The Lord Almighty, and that He is our Best Friend, the Friend that never leaves our side, we are opening our heart and mind for and to a great day because He has put it together specifically for us. Other people are involved, of course, but He has created a role for us that only we can play. How exciting.
More on His names next week. Trust in them All.
Poppa B.Continue reading →
- Psalm 112 – Promises of our Lord of Love that are given for us to walk in.
Hello Precious Children of God. Some thoughts to consider, and live the Abundant Life in.As we awake, and begin our day, may we always begin it with Praise and Thanksgiving to the Lord for being IN us – Living with us IN our being. Let us think of Him, and address Him as Love for that is who He is. Let us speak to Him as Jehova: Father God of Love, Jehova: Sweet Savior Christ Jesus, Jehova: Sweet Holy Spirit of Power and Love, Jehova: Great God of Love in three Persons, Blessed Trinity.Let us praise Him and give Thanks for all the things He has prepared for us for the day that is ours as we walk with Him in Love and Gratitude. Wisdom and accomplishment shall be ours as we do.As we end our day, and prepare for bed, may we end it with Praise and Thanksgiving to our Wonderful God of Love for being in us every breath. Let us Thank Him for the day, and for all the things that were manifested. Let us thank Him for the time of rest and refreshment that is to come as we give ourselves to Him to totally do His work within as we sleep.We know to do these things, but we sometimes let them get replaced with other things. Things that may have happened during the day, or things we are worried about that may or may not happen. Mostly things that are not important within proper perspective. We sometimes forget to keep every second in life a second that is in Fellowship with Him as we take the next breath, as we are making this journey together.One of the best ways to have a great day, and a wonderful night, is to bring good thoughts into our minds from things that are available, realizing we have control of what we think. Of course the greatest thoughts available are from the Word. There are also many great Brothers and Sisters the Lord has raised up to put things out in writing to encourage and enlighten us. Finding the time to spend in the Word itself is always magical and beautiful. If not there, spending time in books authored by one of the talented men or women God has given gifts of communication to can bring His Word to us. It can be given to us in many ways – print or online books, audibles, videos, or many other ways. Let us just be open to what and How He has for us to receive Good News from His Word for the day.Today, I am impressed to share Psalm 112 with you. As we look at the Promises that are ours in this Psalm, we are reminded of the hundreds of Promises that are ours throughout the Word. The Word says He cannot lie, so take ALL of His Promises of Love at face value. This 112th Psalm does not have an Author shown, so to me the Author is without question the Holy Spirit. I encourage you to read it often. It begins with:“Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear (that is who revere) the Lord, who find great delight in His Commands. Their Children will be mighty in the land, the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in their houses, and their righteousness endures forever.” Psalm 112:1-3. There are only 10 verses in this Psalm. I encourage you to read them all and be greatly blessed. Receive them into your heart, and mind. Know without question they are Promises of our Lord that are given for us to walk in. Receive His Promises daily. You are a special Child, and He wants to “pet you up daily” with His Promises of Love for you. Rejoice and live in His Promises. Share them with the world wherever you are.You are greatly loved,PoppaContinue reading →
- Jesus has been placed above All Creation – All People and all Things. The Good News is He is our Best Friend. He is with us in every breath we take to bring good through us.
As we move into the new year, my continuing desire is to encourage and touch lives for our Lord of Love. My desire is to bring truth to each of you that will bring what we all need as we walk and live in Victory in the great Trinity of our Father God of Love, our Beautiful Loving Savior Christ Jesus, and our Amazing Holy Spirit of Power, and Love.Last year before “the fall” in December that changed many things for me, I tried to send a message of the Gospel, The Good News of our Lord’s Divine Love for you and me, on weekends. I hope to be able to send the same kind of messages during the week going forward. There are so many wonderful messages on Sundays from all denominations that we are beautifully covered as we “tune in” so I am impressed by the Holy Spirit to reach out to you with a message during the week. I will not stay on one particular day, but attempt to send you an uplifting message of encouragement and truth during the week on one of the weekdays. If I miss a week, know there was or is a reason. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated if there is something you feel would bless the Fellowship, and you feel we need to cover.As most of you know, I passed out and fell on December 23 – Christmas Eve, eve. My Christmas present from the Lord was the fact that nothing was broken, and that nothing came apart. However, over the next month, there were days that went by without any memory of them. I am so grateful to the Lord, and to my Family, and a wonderful Doctor for walking me through it all. I was given much time to think of ways that I might change how I live, and serve. I truly look at people in a different way now. Each person, no matter what relationship I might have, or not have with them, is now important. I deeply realize how Each person has been given a specific walk, and how I now feel for each one – whether I know them or not. As the Lord brings them to my mind, or gives me things to see, or hear, or think, a quick prayer for their every need comes to me to pray without even thinking. It just comes – I am blessed by it. I, of course, pray they are as well though they might not know why.Each of us are creations of the Most High, and each of us are different. That is evident by our physical fingerprints, and by our individual talents, and by the many other things we do and think that are just us. Nobody else. We are here on this earth, in this life, at this time, to bring certain things that only we can bring. We can only do these things as we Ask Jesus into our lives to complete us, and give us the power and wisdom to do them.As we come to receive that truth, we are given power and wisdom that will change the world as we apply it. It is literally why we are here. But believing this is our choice. May we believe it, and let it be so as we let our Lord work in the world through us. May we realize that He who is in us has been placed above all Creation – all People and all things. That does not say we are above all things, but He who is – Is. May we remember each moment that Jesus is our Best Friend, and wants to Bless us in all things, and in all ways, as Best Friends always do. Let us walk with Him knowing He has brought with Him our Father of Love, and the Amazing Beautiful Holy Spirit to do amazing things. The Full Trinity lives in us as we live in Him. The power of all Creation is in us. Let us walk in this knowledge and promise: “He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all – how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?” Romans 8:32.
- “ASK – SEEK – KNOCK”Our message for the week is from Matthew 6: 25 – 33, and Matthew 7: 7- 8.In the many things Jesus taught in His beautiful Sermon on the Mount, He taught us to ASK, SEEK, and KNOCK. He said, “Ask for what you need. Seek what you need. Knock on the door of who and what you need.” He was teaching us to come to Him for all things needed – asking, seeking, and knocking on His door. We must never hesitate to ASK, SEEK, or KNOCK as we go through the day. Many times we simply do not have because we do not ASK, or SEEK, or KNOCK on the door that has what we need, waiting for us to come into it.Just before the Lord Jesus taught on getting to what we need through asking, seeking, and knocking, He was teaching us about living life without worry. He said, “Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life: what you will eat or drink; or about your body; what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” He told us Our Father knows what we need, and will provide it as we ASK, and trust Him to do so. He said, “Seek first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness, and all things we have need of will be given.” Matthew 6: 33For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; to the one who knocks the door will be opened.” Matthew 7: 8As we look at these beautiful promises, we realize the “Best of the Best” is ours, and is in us already. We realize we have been given access and ownership of everything we could ever need. It has been given to us by and through the amazing finished work and Power and Love of our Christ Jesus, and the Love and Power of our Heavenly Father, and amazing Holy Spirit of Power and Love living within us.So as we go through each day, and the things that day may bring, let us live it in the promises that are ours. Let us ASK, for what we need as we need it. Let us SEEK what we need in Him where we know we will find it. Let us KNOCK on the door where He is, where we know the answer is – Believing, and Trusting Completely His Words – and as we do, these things Shall come forth in His time, in His Way.I love each of you so very much. Thanks again for the wonderful Birthday wishes, and for the Love you sent to me through them. Blessings and Love upon each of you, and yours.Poppa
- “The Righteous will live by faith.” Romans 1:17We continue our study of Paul’s letter to the Roman Church. Picking up at verse 8 of Chapter One, Paul writes:“First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the World. God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of His Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times, and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong – that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among other Gentiles. I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew and then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” (Romans 1: 8-17)Paul was introducing himself to the Romans. As he did, he was teaching. Here he said, “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ.” This was to emphasize the point that Jesus is the one and only mediator between God, and mankind. He wanted to keep this primary point, primary. It is through Christ that God sends His love and forgiveness to us. It is through Christ that we send our love to our Father of Love. As the Word says in (1 Timothy 2:5), “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Jesus Christ, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.” It is through the Love, and Life of Christ that we are children of God. It is what He has done for us, not what we have done, or can do for him that brings the relationship of Love. He has done the work at the cross, and resurrection. He does the work needed to protect us, and provide for us each day. Our only part in this amazing act of Love is to Believe it, and walk by Faith in it. “The Righteous will live by faith.” When we believe, we become righteous in His sight. We walk in ‘Fellowship’ with Him in Spirit, and as we walk with Him, we move toward wanting to be like Him. We desire more and more to live in, and exhibit the Gospel – the Good News.As Paul said, “In the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last.” This is what Paul wanted for each of the ones he was writing to. This is what the Lord wants for each of us. A righteousness that brings Fellowship, and Oneness, and unconditional Love. He has provided it. Let us live in it with joy, and gladness, and faith each day. Let us tell the Good News at every opportunity. Let us show it in the Love that we live by.Continue reading →
- “Thanksgiving”I pray that you had a wonderful time of blessing, and being blessed, as you celebrated Thanksgiving over the last few days. Even though my wife of 61 years has not felt well, she has participated in the celebration as much as possible. Her birthday fell on the same day as Thanksgiving as it often has over the years. Our children cooked, and brought over our Thanksgiving, and Birthday meal, and it was wonderful. They live about 15 minutes from us. To continue the celebration, they came over yesterday and did a deep cleaning of the entire house. What a celebration. What a blessing. Thank you, Lord!!!Continue reading →I realize not everyone could give, or receive this kind of love, but as we can, let us show love at every opportunity- however that may be. The Word says in 1 John 4:16 that “God IS Love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God, and God in them. ” We are here, at this time in the place where we are, wherever that may be to represent our God of Love in the way that only we can.Each of us has a Holy Calling to do that for our Lord, and for each other. The Word says, “God who has saved us and called us with a Holy Calling, not according to our works, but according to His own Purpose and Grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.” (2 Timothy 1:9). Before time began, He knew us, and had our lives charted out. Our primary purpose was to bring Love into the world, for that is who He is, as we live it in words and actions. Of course there are many other things we are here to do, but this is primary.Much is going on in the world right now with this strange virus attacking so many. Different reactions in people around the world. But this we know, our Lord of Love is completely aware of what is going on. There is a Purpose. Let us give Him thanks for the things we can do, and show His love to all those in our lives as we live in His Love with Thanksgiving.Have a wonderful week, as we walk each day in Love, and Thanksgiving, Beloveds of God.
- “We begin our study of the first section of the incredible Book of Romans: ‘What to Believe’ as we are ‘Transformed by the renewing of our mind.”
As you know, Romans is broken into two sections by Paul. Section one is called, “What to believe.” Section two is “How to live it.”. We have just completed our study of the second section of the Book of Romans – verses 12-1 thru 16-27. I wanted to start with that section because in verse 2, of chapter 12 where this teaching begins, it starts with one of the greatest truths that Paul speaks. It says “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”In all that we study, and learn, this truth comes forth again, and again: “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” In many places, we are taught things that we believe are true, and we often have little to lead us to the actual truth, but when we see it, we know it. As we hear Paul speak from his magnificent writings, truth comes to renew our mind. We are then transformed. We literally become a new creation. This is the reason we must always be open to being changed – transformed – if we have only been given a partial truth we can be led astray, or into the wrong path. Having a strong faith in what we believe is vital. But if we are shown a truth, and it clears our mind to follow that truth, we should always be open to what our Lord wants to show us, and what He wants us to have to grow in.This is, and certainly should be, something we are very careful about. We should always be careful if someone is suggesting we change from what we have believed to be the truth, and we should always take it to the Lord for confirmation, or even consideration. But if He reveals it is a new revelation from Him we should be ready for that new level.Paul had heard that people from all over the world were being touched in this new Church at Rome by the people from the many different places, and countries that were in it. We can rest assured the Holy Spirit was deeply and greatly touching those who were there putting it all together. It is thought the founders of this church came together at the Pentecost Festival held 50 days after the Passover Festival. After 40 days from His resurrection, Jesus had ascended back to Heaven to take His place as King on the Throne of Grace, beside our Heavenly Father. Pentecost, was held 50 days after PassOver and the Holy Spirit came in power in a rushing mighty wind and Love as we see in Acts; to be God here on earth and bring the Spirit of Jesus, and Spirit of our Holy Father here to make mankind His Temple. The Place of Worship was being transformed from a very ‘religious’ meeting place to a ‘spiritual’ meeting place as the Holy Spirit was given the power to come forth in unconditional Love, not Law. This was a new way to worship. This was now a personal relationship. This was now Father and Child relationship. King and Personal Friend relationship. This was like a flowing river bringing beauty and freshness to wherever it flowed. The time had come to be ‘transformed by the renewing of our mind.’ There was a new Faith. A new level.Continue reading →
- “He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God.” Romans 15: 16
As we continue our study of Romans, we pick up at verse 14, of Chapter 15. Paul was sharing some personal notes of things the Lord had called him to do. He compliments and encourages members of the Church to do the same. Each of us has a calling. Each of us are to proclaim the gospel of God. He writes:“I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another. Yet I have written you quite boldly on some points to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me to be a Minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done …by the power of signs and wonders through the power of the Spirit of God.” Romans 15: 14 -19As Paul begins to conclude this magnificent letter to the Roman Church, he speaks of things each of us need to be reminded of. They are in no order of importance, for they are all important. He begins by complimenting them, telling them he believed in their ability to teach each other because of being filled with knowledge, and goodness. He continues, using himself as an example, by telling them to remind each other of things they knew, and needed to express. So often we are moving so fast into new territory, we forget to talk about who we are- who we have become in Christ. For instance Paul wants us to remember it is by Grace we are saved. There is no work, or works, we can do that will give us the right to walk with Him in the Spirit. As the Word says, “For by Grace, we are saved. It is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.” We sometimes forget that as we get caught up in the importance of what we are doing. We can begin thinking this is about how well we can do this job, and not remember to look at HIs Grace, and feel the great power the Grace He has put into us as we go.When we accept Christ as Savior, and Lord, and come to know all that means to us and for us, we must remember we all become ministers of Christ Jesus. Revelations tells us that “Jesus is the ruler of the kings of the earth.” The Word says, “To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood, and has made us to be a kingdom of priests to serve His God and Father – to Him be glory and power for ever and ever.: Amen.” Paul wants us to remember that. He wants us to remember who we are. When we accept Christ as Lord and Savior we become royalty. There are many jobs to do, each one jobs of royalty. We are given the ability to do the job well that we are called to do – regardless of what it is. The power of the Holy Spirit is in us to make that happen as we walk with Him, in HIm. He brings to us “the Spirit of Power, and Love, and Sound mind.” As we let Him lead we become bold in doing what we are called to do. We have a priestly duty. We are royalty. We have the power given unto us to do it. Let us proclaim the Gospel of God. “Jesus Saves” He is unconditional Love. Father wants us to tell the world of His saving Grace, and Love. He wants us to proclaim the Gospel. . He wants us all to be with Him in Heaven forever. He transforms us into a new creation, and calls us to tell the Good News, to proclaim the gospel to our Brothers and Sisters. Let it be so.Continue reading →
May you be “Encouraged, and “Strengthened”, and “United”, God’s Beloveds, as we Lift up Christ Jesus, Glorify the Father, and Magnify the Holy Spirit.