We continue our study of the Gospel of John. Jesus had celebrated, and taken the ‘Pass Over” meal with His Disciples. He had shown them humility, and true Leadership as He had washed their feet. He was teaching truths that were for them, and also for those of us who would come to Him in communion, and the Word in later generations. He had informed them that they would initially run when the world turned on them, but to “take heart”, He had overcome the world. He was telling them,’hang in’, ‘don’t lose heart’, ‘keep the faith’. He was telling them as they looked to Him they would find the Way, the Truth, and the Life; they would be Overcomers as well. So it is for us.
- “Holy Father, protect them by the power of Your name, the name You gave Me. John 17:11
- Jesus said unto the Father, “I have brought you glory here on earth by finishing the work you gave.”
- “Father, Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.” John 17:1
- Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16: 33
- Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you , my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” John 16: 24